Canteen Manager – Forrest Primary School
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated, dynamic person to join us at Forrest Primary School (FPS) to manage our school canteen (25 hours per week).
The canteen is run by the P&C Association on a not-for-profit basis and operates 4 days per week from 9:00am to 1:00pm, serving a school population of 550.
At FPS, we recognise canteens play a vital role in promoting healthy foods and creating a culture of healthy eating within the school community that supports and reinforces classroom learnings about good health, wellbeing and sustainability. As a valued member of our community, we will be seeking your commitment to establish a progressive canteen which meets both the needs of FPS and the overarching ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015.
As Canteen Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient day-to-day operation of the canteen including the provision of nutritious, appealing and affordable food in a fast-paced environment.
1. Experience with handling and preparing food in a safe and hygienic manner
2. Knowledge of nutrition and healthy eating guidelines
3. Basic financial skills – good mental arithmetic skills and ability to handle money
4. Ability to work independently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
5. Ability to lead and manage other staff and volunteers as required
6. Working with Vulnerable People Card
7. Basic computing skills
8. Knowledge and understanding of government guidelines and policies related to the operation of school canteens
9. Holder of Food Safety Supervisor qualifications e.g. SITXSFA201/101 or willing to obtain these qualifications
10. First Aid Certificate
11. Holder of current driver licence
Applications addressing the selection criteria should be emailed to email@example.com
Please include a current CV with two references.
Duty statement available on request.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd April 2018 COB
For further information please contact Executive Director 02 62958985