Lost Property Policy
The lost property cupboard at Forrest Primary School is located next to the Senior Hall & Canteen.
Volunteers monitor, clean-up and clear out this cupboard on a regular basis.
Due to a build-up of unclaimed items, the lost property cupboard is cleared out twice a term.
Any items in the cupboard at the end of each clear out period unable to be returned to their owner, will be treated in the following way:
- Unnamed or named but unreachable (i.e. name not on student list) school uniform items will be placed in the second hand clothing pool;
- All non-school uniform items will be donated to charity;
- Any items unnamed and in poor condition will be disposed of; and
- Any plastic containers, drink bottles or cutlery will be disposed of.
To minimise the number of items that remain unclaimed in the lost property cupboard, parents should ensure that:
- All items are clearly marked with at least the child’s surname (this results in a higher chance of the item being returned);
- Their child knows where the lost property cupboard is located; and
- Children check the lost property cupboard when they have lost items at school.