Forrest P&C Committee
The Forrest P&C is an active and effective parent body within the school organisation. It meets once a term and is crucial in supporting the school financially and socially via a variety of functions throughout the year.
Your interest and involvement with this group is most welcome. All expressions of interest can be directed to the Secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
The current P&C Committee:
FASC Business Manager
ACT P&C Delegates
Parent Rep Liaison Coordinator
Office Bearer –roles & responsibilities
Similar to most P&C Association President’s, the role of the President of the Forrest P&C Association is to:
- Provide leadership to the P&C committee
- Chair all general and executive committee meetings of the P&C Association, including the Finance & Administration Committee (see below)
- Act as a spokesperson for the Forrest P&C Association
- Report at meetings about the activities of Forrest P&C Association
- Supervise broadly the work of the other office bearers
- Ensure the effective communication between the members of the Forrest P&C Association and the Executive leaders of the School and members of the Forrest Primary School Board
- Encourage parents to participate.
In addition, the Forrest P&C Association President plays a key role in managing the Forrest P&C Association business arm – Forrest Children’s Services (FCS). This business employs a full time Executive Director. As such, the President is also responsible for:
- Supervising the Executive Director (ED), who is directly responsible for the day-to-day management of FCS
- Negotiating the ED’s remuneration package
- Working with members of the Forrest P&C Association’s Finance & Administration Committee, which oversights the activities of the FCS and makes recommendations to the Forrest P&C Association in relation to matters of significant or strategic business decisions (for example fees and charges etc.)