P&C Committee & Contact
Forrest P&C Committee
The Forrest P&C is an active and effective parent body within the school organisation. It meets once a term and is crucial in supporting the school financially and socially via a variety of functions throughout the year.
Your interest and involvement with this group is most welcome. All expressions of interest can be directed to the Secretary via email@example.com in the first instance.
The current P&C Committee:
Forrest Children Services Business Manager
ACT P&C Delegate
Noshaba Majeed Sheikh
Parent Rep Liaison Coordinator
Office Bearer –roles & responsibilities
Similar to most P&C Association President’s, the role of the President of the Forrest P&C Association is to:
- Provide leadership to the P&C committee
- Chair all general and executive committee meetings of the P&C Association, including the Finance & Administration Committee (see below)
- Act as a spokesperson for the Forrest P&C Association
- Report at meetings about the activities of Forrest P&C Association
- Supervise broadly the work of the other office bearers
- Ensure the effective communication between the members of the Forrest P&C Association and the Executive leaders of the School and members of the Forrest Primary School Board
- Encourage parents to participate.
In addition, the Forrest P&C Association President plays a key role in managing the Forrest P&C Association business arm – Forrest Children’s Services (FCS). This business employs a full time Executive Director. As such, the President is also responsible for:
- Supervising the Executive Director (ED), who is directly responsible for the day-to-day management of FCS
- Negotiating the ED’s remuneration package
- Working with members of the Forrest P&C Association’s Finance & Administration Committee, which oversights the activities of the FCS and makes recommendations to the Forrest P&C Association in relation to matters of significant or strategic business decisions (for example fees and charges etc.)
The Vice President steps into the role of the President should they be unavailable. They also undertake a variety of tasks which may help to reduce the workload of the President. Close liaison between the President and Vice President is expected.
The Vice President & Business Manager is also responsible for:
- Attending the ACT P&C Association meetings on behalf of the President (as required).
- Overseeing and working closely with the Social subcommittee to ensure smooth running of social events throughout the year.
- Providing support and guidance to the ED on matters relating to the uniform store including ordering of stock, inventory procedures and opening hours etc.
The Vice President is a member of the Forrest P&C Association’s Finance & Administration Committee.
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Notifying the school community of upcoming meetings.
- Writing and sending out the agenda to the school community at least two days before the meeting.
- Recording and store meeting minutes.
- Managing correspondence as required
- Receiving and distributing Council meeting papers to the Forrest P&C Association office bearers
- Other general secretariat support as required.
The Secretary is a member of the Forrest P&C Association’s Finance & Administration Committee.
The Treasurer oversees the financial matters of the FCS and associated tasks, and supports the ED and book-keeper. The key tasks include:
- Bank all money received
- Make arrangements for signing cheques
- Pay all invoices
- Record all money received and paid
- Keep copies of receipts and invoices
- Prepare Business Activity Statements (for Forrest P&C Association is registered for GST)
- Prepare reports for Forrest P&C Association accounts on its financial position for each Finance & Administration Committee meeting
- Maintain the Forrest P&C Association’s asset register
- Ensure adequate insurance for all Forrest P&C Association’s activities and assets.
As such the Treasurer is responsible for overseeing:
- The preparation of all financial records of FCS, in particular the review and production of the quarterly financial records of FCS (the ED of FCS and a professional book-keeper are responsible for the day-to-day administration of the financial records of the various business units within FCS)
- The production of a consolidated set of audited financial records of the Forrest P&C Association, including the business arm, FCS.
The Treasurer is also a member of the Finance & Administration Committee.
The Public Officer is the point of contact between Forrest P&C Association and the Office of Regulatory Services This role is critical so that you can receive communications from the Office of Regulatory Services.
The Public Officer is also responsible for:
- Registering Current Office Bearers with P&C Council and the Office of Regulatory Services. Once elected, notify the ACT Council of P&C Associations of the details of Forrest P&C Association members. Notification is also required should Forrest P&C Association members change during the year.
- Submitting the annual return to the Office of Regulatory Services.
The role of the Communications Officer is to assist the Forrest P&C Association President to ensure the effective communication between the members of the Forrest P&C Association, community, the school and the members of the Forrest Primary School Board.
As such the Communications Officer is responsible for:
- Updating, security configuration and monitoring the website, host domain and network backups for the Forrest P&C Association website and server.
- Providing effective web communication services from the Forrest P&C Association to community.
- Monitor the Forrest P&C Association email accounts and refer any enquiries as required.
- Providing IT support for the ED of FCS on any web and communication issues.
- Assist the President with any spokesperson responsibilities including preparation of materials as required.
Office Bearer Contact details
http://www.forrestps.act.edu.au or (02) 6205 5644