FOOSHC Fest is our new welcome event for families to all things FOOSHC. The festivities will begin at 5pm with a list of what’s on offer below. FOOSHC Fest is an opportunity to get to know our incredible team and the play spaces and the experiences we offer to your child/children. It’s an opportunity for you to meet other families, look at our practice and enjoy your ‘Forrest community’.
Our program will operate as normal with the usual sign out procedures. FOOSHC Fest starts at 5pm and will be selling lots of goodies to help fundraise to help send Keira one of our talented educators to the International Play Conference in Scotland and a study tour throughout the UK. Feel free to arrive early and join us from 5pm for dinner and participate in all the exciting events.
So what will be on at FOOSHC Fest?
- It’s a Friday night, who wants to cook on a Friday night? Save yourself the trouble and come along for a sausage sizzle and relax whilst listen to some live music Outside Junior Hall. We will have a range of desert options available as well as our famous Butter Beer – Fan favourite from our HUGELY popular and successful Hogwarts Holiday Day!
- Make a family Pom Pom (A FOOSHC favourite experience) together under our Big Tree and add it to our FOOSHC Community Art Instalment. A large component of our National Quality Framework and Learning Frameworks in Australia focuses on community, identity and a sense of belonging. We invite you to add your family to our FOOSHC Art instalment as a way to visually represent us all. There is no charge to this experience and we encourage everyone to contribute regardless of whether you will be joining us on the night.
- Jelly Bean Guessing Competition and Artwork Silent Auction (See details below)
- FOOSHC Cook Book Stall (See details below)
- See what happens in our regular FOOSHC Play Spaces
- Lean about our Pedagogical Approach and Philosophy that have led us to the Excellence rating
- Get a professional family portrait taken!!! We will be joined by Professional Photographer Geoff Bagnall who will be set up to take your family portrait in classroom 1KB for the low low price of $30. This will provide you with access to a digital copy of your family portrait once editing is complete. We need to account for approximately 10 mins per family and as such are taking expressions of interest now! If you would like to sign up for a spot please send us an email so we can begin the process of booking people in. Places will be limited so get in quick!! Please specify in your email what times you would be able to make between 5pm – 7:30pm in your email. Scheduling everyone a set time will mean less wait time in line and ensuring we are efficient in getting as many of you a place as possible.
WHAT WILL BE FOR SALE
- Sausage sizzle $2.50
- Butter Beer $1
- Sweet Treats ranging from 50 cents to $2
- Snow Cones $2
- Apple Slinky Bar $2
- Tooth Fairy Bags $3
- FOOSHC Cook Book $20
- Family Portraits $30
What if you are unable to attend on the night there are ways to support the event and be involved over the next week:
- Try your luck at our Jelly Bean Guessing Competition which will be set up inside the Junior Hall every afternoon from this Friday – $1 guess
- Place a bid at our Silent Auction also available from this Friday! One of our amazing FOOSHC Artist in Residence Jenny Blake (Leo and Charlie’s grandmother) is donating two beautiful pieces of artwork for us to Auction. Jenny Blake is an incredible artist and will be known to many of the children having joined our Holiday Program as an Artist in Resident. Find out more about Jenny by clicking on this link ABOUT — Jenny Blake Artist. Please speak to our incredible FOOSHC team if you’d like to find out more about the auction.
- Following on from FOOSHC Fest we will take printing orders for our fabulous FOOSHC Cook Book which Children have been busily designing covers for over the last few weeks. This Cook Book will be a small snapshot of the tasty dishes we serve for breakfast and afternoon tea, and food we make during our holiday program and through our cooking club. Our Cook Book will $20 and will be available to purchase on the night or for orders afterwards.
- Contribute a Pom Pom to our FOOSHC Community Art Instalment. We will be making up Pom Pom packs following on from FOOSHC Fest for those unable to attend on the night.
FOOSHC will draw to a close from 7pm with:
- A presentation from the FOOSHC team on aspects of our Pedagogical Approach and Philosophy.
- Keira who is our talented Educator travelling to the UK on a Study Tour, will briefly explain what the Study Tour will involve and all the incredible places he gets to visit. Proceeds of FOOSHC Fest will help to support Keira on this tour.
- Announcing the winners of our Jelly Bean Guessing Competition and our Silent Auction of the incredible artwork mentioned above.
We really hope to see you all there at what we believe will be an incredible night of fun, community and connection.
Kylie and the FOOSHC team!